Committed to Creating a Workplace that is
Safe, Healthy and Injury-Free
At York Excavating Company, we are devoted to a "Zero Accident" philosophy. Our employees are our most valuable assets, and their safety and health is our first priority. Safety is essential to all business functions and is never compromised under any circumstance. Every employee has a responsibility to maintain our work environment including reporting hazards and working toward eliminating accidents and injuries. We will provide training, review our procedures, review accidents and maintain the equipment. In the event of an injury, we will determine the root cause in order to eliminate similar incidents in the future and we will actively work to return the employee back to work when medically possible. We will provide support to our Safety Committee by providing them the time, employees and management commitment needed to reach our common goal of an injury free workplace. We stand behind this commitment and promote a safety-conscious workforce in many ways:
- One-on-one targeted safety orientation for every new hire.
- Documented weekly safety meetings on each and every job.
- Strict PPE requirements for all employees.
- Daily excavation inspections completed by a competent person.
- Jobsite safety inspections completed by superintendents and randomly by our full time Safety Director.
- We have a trained and state certified safety committee that ensures that our safety program is current and relevant to all areas of our operations.
- Our safety policy is designed to promote the health and safety of our employees, our professional partners and the public.
- Our leaders and employees are trained and certified in many areas that pertain to their day-to-day responsibilities such as: OSHA Outreach Construction Training, CPR and First Aid certifications, Forklift certifications, Confined space trained and certified and Excavation and Trenching Competent Person Training.
Ready to Dig Into Your Next Project?
YEC has over 70 years of expertise and experience to deliver your project on time and on budget.